PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swiss
Thread: swiss
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2002, 04:05
Cisco Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But you already have seniority, surely it must be obvious that the airlines will continue under their own divisions i.e no changes. One company ,divided into regional and mainline just a rebranding.After all the money was not put up by crossair! just a flag of convenience for an interim period, the LX callsign disappears at the end of the month does it not? it might not be all bad ,remember the oldest sr. captains are now only 52...no retirements for at least 5 yrs.time to command about 17 yrs,could be better to stick with the regional?. .as for connecting pax. the ex crossair numbers were negligible Iīm afraid, mostly they were transported by sr. mid and short range aircraft.. .I also believe that SR. actually made money i.e the airline division,creative accounting and sharp practice hid that fact quite well.. .. .Of course I could be wrong but I fear the closest most of you will get to an ex sr. aircraft will be on a pax seat whilst dead heading.. .. .However with a more capable representation a viable merging of seniority lists and a concern pilot model should be reachable,I for one hope it can be so.Donīt turn your nose up at more money itīs a start towards parity and a useful argument at future negotiations,your increases will be more than covered by the cuts inflicted on the ex sr. crews. .the company wins again.