PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel finally in the clear.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2004, 10:23
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

As I said before Happy New Year!

Some of you really should learn how to lose more gracefully!

I don't think there is a Tour Operator stupid enough to make a take over bid at this time for MYT and even fewer with enough money or support from their Banks to do so. As has already been pointed out MYT has very little in the way of assets! It would prove a very expensive move, after all the Banks want £800 million or as close as they can get. MYT has already proved you can get into a lot of touble just buying companies to increase your share of the market! If there is a company stupid enough to try it, they will very soon run into the same problems MYT did!

And would you boys and girls stop putting this on Tony. MYT is here because it faught tooth and nail to survive! What saved it was the size of the debt and a good team at the top who sorted out the mess left by our previouse board, some of whom are now working for a company near you!

Albert

Get a life old son, I too have worked for other operators that have failed and had my career set back as have many others at MYT and else where. It is the way of the world, instead of being sorry for yourself because MYT have survived when others have not, how about trying to look on the bright side, there is some good news this Christmas, 16000 people get to keep their jobs!

All this rubbish about MYT does not deserve to survive proves only how many fail to grasp the reality of the modern world. It is not about who deserves or earns the right to survive, it is about who is willing to fight to survive and use any and all means to make money, that is the truth about our industry and world we live in. It has nothing to do with being fair! The Banks were not prepared to kiss goodbye to that amount of money!

Whilst you may not care what happens to your fellow pilots others do. Those who have left MYT for pastures new will do well and did so for their own reasons, good luck to them some have done a lot better for themselves, so don't feel sorry for them try being happy! Being bitter and twisted because MYT made it and others did not will just give you high blood pressure!

:ok

Last edited by spy; 31st Dec 2004 at 10:37.