PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does CASA Have Serious Problems?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2004, 10:20
J0N0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CASA folk i have dealt with that have come from the industry, i.e. experienced GA and Airline pilots, are absolute assets to both CASA and the industry.
The CASA folk I have dealt with that have come from the industry, ie experienced GA and Military pilots are not assets to GA at all. With all that GA experience its been interesting to watch how unrealistic they can be. Maybe this is a fault of the individuals or perhaps a fault higher up in the system. Maybe in this world of litigation they are not given enough protection by the system to be able to make decisions that don't take months and months while costing the Struggling GA operator thousands.
Handing out Show cause notices to some opperators while others pass inspections with flying colors, with obvious safety concerns highlighted.

The minority that are lamented within these topics are not experienced from within the industry.
Gee wiz Lefthanded_Rocker_Thrower
Thats a big call mate, with all due respect do you know that for certain or is that speculation???

I did a 2 crew flight a while ago with a CASA FOI sitting behind us to get the company its RPT license. When we got back the FOI debriefed us on various things we could do differently and generally it was good constructive criticism. Then he asked for my license and medical. I had forgotten to sign my licence and yes I know I should have at I was in the wrong but the guy threatened to RCA me. Could not believe he was serious, rather then sliding it back across the desk and getting me to sign it he went the hard line? For the record he did not RCA me but why the threat over a signature???