PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2004, 09:00
etienne t boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

ColdFiltered,

Seeing the size of 'Uncle' Bob these days, it's probably better he was wearing his uniform and a big smile rather than just a big smile

He and the other Caverton guys are seen around a lo tin Lagos at Aero and Bristow, so maybe just seeing friends from the old days, especially if as MM don say they have no recreational place of their own.

When I drove to VI yesterday there were people working on the site of the Caverton heliport so I don't think work has stopped there. Maybe it's slowed down over the holiday period.

I also heard about the Astar in Maryland, but I haven't seen it yet.

All the people in Aero are wondering what's going to happen to their pay in 2005 as the hot rumor is that they'll get paid in US$ and they have no idea what exchange rate CHC will give against the euro - expect defections to Bristow if it snot good .

The other problem Aero have is that they have quite a few pilots over 60 and CHC official retirement age is 60. They already have problems getting enough pilots for Nigeria so maybe they'll have to do what Bristow do and retire pilots then re-employ them as contractors (and I hear that's usually at lower pay and with much less job security