PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel finally in the clear.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2004, 21:10
Alberts Growbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that I have upset many with my previous posts on this subject, but cotrary to common belief, I do not wish ill on the crews of MyTravel.

In my time in this industry I have seen the crews of Court Line/Laker/Air Europe/Dan Air/ And many others go to the wall for the sake of inept management or ruthless business practise.

If only they had half the chances that you have had in MyTravel to get things right, and still screwed up over three years, then they would still be in a job, and you would all have been in other companies.

We don't fly as a brotherhood in the UK charter airline industry, we fly to win and survive, and right now MyTravel have won a right to survive that they don't deserve.

I don't write this as personal vitriol to any persons in MyTravel. I write it because I feel angry that because it suited St Tony (Blair) to keep you in business, you are still going when you shoudn't be.

I am sure that those left in the company will now go on to prosper and survive well, and so you should. Loyalty on your scale should be rewarded. But spare a thought for those that have bolted to the life boats thinking that they have just met the iceberg, when in fact the MyTravel boat missed it. Their careers may never recover.

For the inclusive tour company's to make money in the next ten years requires at least one major player to dissapear. Sadly it wasn't MyTravel.

And don't bother writing vitriolic replies on a personal level, because I won't reply.