PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot terms & endearment (Merged)
Old 30th Dec 2004, 15:22
Maxiumus

What strikes me as the ultimate hypocrasy though, are those who accept the contract and then start squeeling like stuck pigs at the dreadful unfairness and abuse of it all.
This, Ozi, is indeed a fair point. However, my points, which you seem to be missing are twofold:
a) if cadets refused en masse to accept these poor conditions, supply and demand would alter them upwards - a situation favourable to all but unseen by most low timers.
b) you say "Traditional ideas about T's and C's, and especially productivity, are under examination " - by "under examination" you mean in a relentless downward spiral, which the LCC's (and the pilots who previously refused to stand up to them) can be blamed for. Ringfencing the "good" conditions of BA/VS and creating better at FR is NOT a bad thing. Do we really want everyone dragged down to the lowest common denominator as you seem to advocate? Don't be conned by FR propaganda, if MOL is allowed to take his preferred course, do you really think Ts and Cs will improve anywhere??

the low pay and dreadful conditions I had to endure when I was a junior.
Hmm, bit like FR so. Hypocrisy here methinks.