PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tsunami - any news from Diego Garcia ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2004, 18:51
Beeayeate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flatus
I think C Robin has a good point.

C Robin is absolutely on the button, that's why Gan didn't suffer either. Male did because, I believe, it is closer to the Indian sub-continent and lies over or closer to the shelf there. Gan is 42 miles south of the equator and in much deeper oggin.

and . . .
I used to enjoy the occasional stopover at Gan. Snorkelling in the lagoon was good fun. I'm not sure that the guys who did a years' unaccompanied tour there were so keen on it.

You what! It was the whole point. We loved it. A touch of oggin-troggin every day, bubblin' and scaring puffer fish into balloons - and being scared off by groupers, really big mouths they have.

What we didn't "love" was being told to keep away from certain parts of the inner lagoon when you "visitors" were out sunning yourselves and using our glass-bottomed boat, or snorkling in bikinis!

Ref the "bit of the other" tale.
Most prob true but not in my time. You'd be surprised the amount and variety of things that could happen during a Vicky10 turn-round, especially with the Q's (gawds bless their little cotton socks - and other pieces ), and especially the east-bounds.