PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which License do I use?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2004, 18:46
The Rotordog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sasless:
You are in luck sir....automatic trannys have been in vogue ever since the trucking companies started scrapping the barrell bottom and could not find folks that were coordinated enough to shift gears, steer the truck, and find their way around. Besides, most of the fairer sex have legs that aren't able to push that clutch thing in and hold it long enough to do any good.
I'm in luck! Oh wait, was that a jab? I still fantasize sometimes about becoming a gear-jammin', double-clutchin' diesel-drivin' man. Then I turn off the country music station and go back to listening to rock.
I still tell stories of reaching down thru the steering wheel to grab the second lever when shifting a "Brownie".....ah but I digress.
Ah, so that's what you call Little Sasless, eh? "Brownie?" I always wondered what truck drivers did for, um, entertainment to pass the time on those long legs between fillups...then again, I'm not sure I want to know!
The beauty of truck driving is being able to pullover and take a nap in yer bed if it suits you.
Well...yeah...it may be your bed but it most certainly is not in your home where your wife is keeping your *other* bed warm (hopefully by herself...unless you have a milkman who looks like Fabio...as I do...which explains why I never leave the house...except to go out and buy milk, which we no longer have delivered).