PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which License do I use?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2004, 04:08
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Which License do I use?

Just when you think you got it figured out....

Now we hear rumours of Expatriate Staff making like Rats from an aquaduct, from both ADA and GHC's! We all know of the now famous ads by Dave.....and no...we are not talking Wendy's burgers here.

To further compound things....I seen an ad that thinly disguised itself from being ACN in Nigeria.....looking for 365 Captains in the worldly sum of 5000 USD per month for a 6/6 rotation. Now that really computes.....

Whilst forging that special bond between my myself, my thirteen year old diesel pickup, and the open highway....I ran across a trucking industry newspaper that announced Wayne Acklie, the owner of a very, very large trucking company....bemoaning his driver turnover rate of 100% and suggesting the industry needs to wake up and start paying the help properly. He noted a need to raise pay by more than 60 percent.

Hold on here....I said that right....an owner telling the rest of his industry that they need to raise rates and pay the hired help.!

Made me dig around and confirm my other Professional license was still current......

Took a test drive in a brand new Western Star today.....still can float the box with the best of them!