PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFTA, going-going-gone....
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2004, 01:20
STEPHEN FISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the publicity, I have sold at least one of our 11 aircraft as a result of the earlier postings in July!

Reading through the threads it would seem that some people like to make menaces over nothing - I'm sure I know why?

Nevertheless, where does it say I flight school must own its fleet to do well? It is true that as the owner of IFTA I chose to invest over $1m in aircraft - that was my choice in 1997.

In 1997, I beleived aircraft ownership was the right way to go, 8 years later, after 3 major unsettling events (JAA harmonisation,
9-11 and recently, the devastating hurricanes), I consider I might well have been wrong - so I decided to make changes!

I therefore decided (some months ago) to reshape the fleet, I have sold N4122T (interesting someone calls themselves that!), N760VA, N2835D, N696DA.

I will also sell one more Seneca and the remaining Katana.

The company will continue to own at least 4 aircraft (Seneca, Warrior & Cessna) and will utilise leased in aircraft to meet demand. This change will give IFTA greater flexibility as it responds to the market trends in the future.

YES, IFTA is fully approved by the CAA despite the devastation caused by the hurricanes to our infrastructure, and yes, to our personal emotions! Indeed one of our valued instructors lost his home and his car, yet came back work to complete his students training despite the great emotional upheval.As long as we dont get more hurricanes in 2005, I predict a growth year in flight training in the USA - which I am sure IFTA and all it's competitors look forward to.

I'm completely certain that those who like to bash IFTA will be very dissapointed to hear most of what I have said - but they really new all along the truth!! I am also certain they will re-post with more personal and degrotary comments intended on bringing us down - be sure, you won't succeed.

For the good of capitalism, competiton is healthy. Delta getting out of JAA training is not good for any of us - choice is essential, the fewer approved training providers is NOT for the better.

To those who post without anonimity, who have a genuine complaint, if I know your problem, I will promise to communicate with you directly in an attempt to settle matters.

Stephen B Fisher
President
IFTA