PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Once again: Schools in malaysia!
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2004, 15:48
GallenWolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again: Schools in malaysia!

Hello everyone,
Sorry for not responding to my old thread here:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...hreadid=149774

Had some... work issues. Hopefully they ARE sorted out. In any case, I still want to get my PPL.

After checking in and around the web I've found 3 schools in Senai Airport; Elite, Johor and Fras flying clubs. (Confusing, similar addresses?!)

At the moment Elite is appealing - on account of it's pricing structure on its website. One wonders if its updated.

Would like to hear your individual experiences on which school would be good to take a PPL at. I am hoping it'll be a club where I can hire out 4 seaters to bring my friends around for short trips.

Also, if I get a PPL here, will it be valid to be used to take on a CPL course with MFA? Or any other schools offering a CPL? Perhaps even in Canada or Seattle, USA?

Please note that I'm not too highly keen on getting an airline job - the CPL is more of a long term challenge. Plus, I'm expecting to be able to afford the CPL fees say... another 10 years or so down the road :-)

Thanks in advance! BTW, I've created a flying forum in my own website @ forums.wired-wolf.com, it's empty right now, only expect to put stuff in it after I get into the air and come back with some pictures. You guys are free to come in and hang out there!

Regards,
GW