PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What things do pax do that gross you out?
Old 27th Dec 2004, 11:09
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many stories, so little time...

One morning I was serving Breakfast (Ah - those were the days... ) We had a group of around 50 Korean businessmen on board. This one man had his foot up on the seat and was clipping his toenails. Nice The Aussie family across the aisle commented about their pre-breakfast entertainment and asked me "What do ya say about that?" I replied "Pigs really can fly..." I shared a quiet chuckle with the family and was on my way.

On clearing the trays (Meal trays - those were the days ) he passed me his empty glass. This glass containing the toe nails he had clipped! Whilst kudos go to the man for not brushing them from the tray table to the floor, I was most disgusted.

Being the priness that I am (official JQ Flight Attendant Princess 2004 - Thankyou!) I made a face and said "Sorry Doll... No - they are for you" and passed the glass (and its fungus covered contents) back - not without making sure the Australian family across the aisle witnessed my rejection and associated facial expressions. They of course laughed and said "Good onya, Mate", giving dissapproving glances at said Korean gentleman.

I had no sooner had time to feel good about my victory (and the fact other pax had scourned him on my behalf)... The man looked at me like I was stupid - and SPAT into the glass and handed it back to me!!!

There was only one thing to do. Muster up every bit of self respect left inside me and walk head down to the lavatory and gracefully dispose of the SPIT-TOENAIL concotion myself. Talk about being put in your place!!!

I learnt a lesson in humilty that day. You can be as sharp as you want with the one liners etc. Means nothing if you can't take back what you give occasionally. Jokes can be aplenty but it means sometimes they are on you!

flybabe -
Poo on seats is a daily occurrance at Jetstar! Also had a guy pee into a cup and bring it to the back gallet for us! Nice. Then there was the used condom at teh overwing exits...

After reading through some vomit posts I feel compelled to share my pax vomit story...

We were doing SYD-HTI (two hour sector) with this Purser that was hell-bent on doing everything concievable opposite to standard procedure. For this full afternoon sector it was procedure to do a pre-meal bar. (Makes it easier on holliday flights where pax want as much access to alcohol as possible!)

This Purser (now the JQ tap water Nazi) made us incorporate the pre-meal bar onto the meal carts (ala 45 minute sector), meaning the service would take longer and would get messy with hand running second drinks etc...

So here I am setting up two FULL meal carts to include two bar carts on top of them (!) so we didn\'t run out of drinks in the cabin. I got VERY creative, balancing drinks and defying the laws of space and gravity every way imaginable to inculde extra drinks.

After setting up this artistic piece on top of the meal carts I was standing back admiring my handywork when a pax came from nowhere and spewed ALL OVER the top and inside of BOTH carts! She repeated the performance again and again and then enquired as to the whereabouts of the lavatory.

Needless to say. My concerns about the service taking forever were somewhat unfounded. We now had NOTHING to serve the pax!