PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet's 75 plane order
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 01:09
LAVDUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think anyone who flies an advanced aircraft like an A320/19 or a 737NG should consider themselves lucky with so many pilots unemployed... In terms of comfort, the Airbus wins hands down - it is far more ergonomic. However, most of easyJet's routes are short in nature - therefore, ergonomics may not be viewed AS important on short hops so long as the pilot gets to stretch a bit outside of the aircraft in between flights.... .. .In terms of automation, the Airbus wins in terms of "degree of automation" - it is far more advanced in relation to systems. The cockpit seems cleaner to me.. .. .My main question relates to working in this multi-sector environment on a 3-4 day-per-week basis in either of these two aircraft. It's like flying for Southwest (737NG) or JetBlue (A320) in the States - what's your preference in a multi-sector environment and why?. .. .Belgian Saddness - Very impressed by your F-16 background. Obviously very sorry to hear about Sabena and all of its problems - were you able to find another airline job in Belgium - and flying what type?. .. .Cheers