PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What things do pax do that gross you out?
Old 26th Dec 2004, 09:13
disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been long haul crew for 16 years and honestly thought i had seen it all -
have collected miscarriage into a biohazard bag ( nasty but sad and not exactly the passengers fault ) , had a crew member sleeping in the bunk above me pick his toenails and drop bits down onto my mattress etc but do still feel the worse thing is the bogey eating during safety demo, i am SOOO gonna slap someones hand away one day...

HOWEVER, i think this one beats them all.
on return from my break i came to the galley at the back of the 777 and was somewahst suprised to find that outside the toilet at 4L was a layer of blanket all over the carpet... my initial guess was thats somene had barfed... but no... one of my team told me it was pooh under there!
so i summised someone had just trodden it into the carpet when coming out of the loo.... WRONG AGAIN.
the crew had been in the galley , noticed a bit of a stench, came out to check the toilet only to see a 7 year old boy squatting on the floor to poop and leaving a little mr whippy like pile behind. now no offense is meant here but this wasnt a flight from india or bangladesh where you often see people relieve themselves in such a postition, this was chicago to london and the boy was with his british mom. what i am saying is...should have known better...
so under the blanket was a whole pile of poop... and now we needed to wheel trollies out ( over the heap ) to do breakfast.
I took it upon myself to get mommy in to clean up so we could continue with the meal service....
mommy was not having any of it... i asked if something was wrong, was child ill etc etc... 'oh no he is just lazy ' was her answer.!!
anyway, as she is telling me that no way is she cleaning up sh*t and that she'll never fly our ailrine again blah de bloody blah... son walks by and goes into the toilet over at the other door.
well woohoo i said.. at least he isnt being lazy this time...
WRONG
this time the child has put the lid down on the loo...sat on top of the lid and pooped again... so much that its spread out all over the toilet lid... dropped onto the floor, AND spread down his legs and onto his jeans...

you can only imagine the faces of other passengers who were witnessing/hearing all this...
i personally just want to see what the kids bedroom at home must be like.