PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue/Polynesian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2004, 08:10
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ737

As I said before I have worked in management and within unions and know exactly how management play this game. It was clueless idiots like you that we use to pray on because you were your own worst enemy. You can stick your head in the sand now but don’t go crying to your union or fellow pilots in 10 or 20 years when you realize you have been shafted by the employer you think so highly of. They are on yearly bonuses to screw you. You may not believe me but have a close look around you.

You know the more that I read your posts the more I believe you are management in DJ and are trying to stir up the troops or you are young and stupid. It is usually pretty easy to spot management types on this forum. I will leave it to your fellow pilots at DJ to out you. I have a number of mates that work there who realize only too well that the writing is on the wall with their own conditions of service if this is to continue.

You may think that the pilots unions are for captains but nothing could be further from the truth. If all pilots unions had 100% membership the largest voting block would be F/O’s. I happen to be a F/O and an active member of my union, the Hong Kong Aircrew Officers Association, (HKAOA). My company and most Airlines in Australia won’t negotiate with individuals but only with the representative body of those pilots. It therefore makes sense if you want to have your say, you must be a member. No point in whining after the event if something is voted in by the union, your not a member and you don’t like it. Tough titties.