PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue/Polynesian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2004, 06:05
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ737

Who said anything about your conditions of service working as a pilot? It could be your conditions of service as a train driver. I can see that going down real well with your working fraternity at the railway. I could go back to being an accountant and earn a sh*t load more money than I currently do flying a wide body jet around the world. Just because I choose my current profession doesn’t make it right to have my conditions of service attacked. You may very well say that no one is going to threaten your conditions of service. I bet most QF pilots said the same thing before the low cost revolution in Australia started in 2001. I have never seen anyone like having his or her hard earned conditions taken away and I will bet you won’t like it either. The managers of Qantas, Virgin Blue, Jetstar, Pacific Blue, Jetconnect and National Jet are laughing all the way to their board rooms for they are taking you all for a ride. They are orchestrating this division in the pilot fraternity. Once you all realize this and unite as a single force they will continue to divide and conquer. You guys have only seen the beginning of this. Where I work it has been going on for the last ten years. It is only now that the union here has come to terms with this and is now steering us in a more unified direction. If you don’t think this will happen to you whether it is working for DJ or the railways then you are living with your head in the sand. It is the oldest management trick in the book to break a union and I have seen it at work from both sides of the fence.