PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2004, 05:31
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nardi,
your answers are all excellent!

Why can't we just be able to do that which we are interesting in doing? without all this prejudice?

If a woman WANTS to fly, she should be able to!!

@MercenaryAli
your answers are all weak.....

the things his mom is not too interested in!
are you sure? have you ever ASKED? of course she would have different interests... maybe she also has secrets wishes, like going camping with you etc., but has never dared to ask because of the fear of being turned down!

My son seems to like being with me and doing "men things",
what are "men things"? only that what society THINKS are men things! Women are given the job of cooking in the home (a "Woman thing"?).... but why then are some of the best chefs MEN? and do we women CARE about that? no, we let them excell at it if they are capable ... why not?

As a teenager I was interested in science. Along with the frilly girl stuff I had astronomy posters on my walls. I studied astronomy for a year... but then met a man, a pilot, and we got married. I came to Germany where I tried to become the typical "Hausfrau" that they expected me to be.
It wasn't until I was 33 that I found out about being able to learn to fly.... my ex never told me I could and I thought you could only learn if you wanted to become a professional!
My initial reason to fly was for HIM! I wanted to learn the cockpit language so I could understand the radio when I flew with him. After my first flight that changed... I decided to learn FOR ME!
And my kids didn't suffer! In fact, I think their mother, me, was a happier person.... less depressed and BORED!
I went on to get my single engine, my glider, my hot-air ballon ratings as well as my glider-tow and later instrutor and CPL.

MercenaryAli, what will your wife do when your kid is no longer home? do you think she'll still be happy? does she have enough of her OWN activities and hobbies? are you blind to her WANTS? From your answers I can't imagine that you really know her inner wishes.....

I could give some more examples, but this reply is long enough. I'll come back later

Westy