PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2004, 22:07
Nardi Riviera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shucks, small boys must be the only ones to enjoy a homey mum: Knowing when they're hungry so that they don't have to think about sustenance; patiently dressing their wounds when they hurt themselves because they disregard sensible warnings; washing their unneccessary dirty clothes from said activity. Little girls are alas in a different world – expected to take care of unruly classmates as well as brothers.

Mine was a full-time home-maker smothering me with "motherly love", insisting on teaching me how to take care of husband, household and children. I remember desperately wishing that she'd get a job and leave me with someone indifferent enough to let me read books in peace and quiet, letting me adapt to life outside home.

Perhaps small children actually benefit from proper day-care? If mum has an academic (etc) education she may not be satisfied by spending her days in the company of toddlers for years on end? Unfortunately society (men?) impose on mums only to take care of the offspring, whether they want to or not. This in the 21st century.

If a female breaks out of this system and chooses not to be burdened with children so that she can pursue a career instead, she'll encounter the "evil eye" from society, and may be harassed by conservative males at work. Like 100 years ago. If she tries to take care of both career and family, she'll be burned out. Because dad refuses to contribute.

And the world turns – ever so slowly.
New readers better start at page 1.