PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Pay for New Joiners...
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2004, 19:43
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Puritan......yes I know im a sad old git for staying in christmas eve....im saving myself for Christmas day

As for your question....I believe the concept as a used car salesman once put it......comparing "apples with apples"...as I understand it (this is second hand....but from the 2IC of training in one particular Airbus operator...to whom I have made a phonecall to check the accuracy of detail...he is also a golfing & drinking buddy of mine) the course consists of all the required elements to complete a JAA type rating in accordance with this particular companies Ops & training manual..I was also told that there is no transition required on return to the JAA region..other than a company base check (which I believe completes the TR) also as this centre has JAR approval to complete TR training they are investigating completing Base checks at the training facility with company pilots. My understanding is however the documentation is still signed off here. Finally LOFT..is completed with company training Captains to reach profficiency....I dont know the minimum number of sectors required to complete this.
As to the quality of training recieved?....I have no idea...the training provider in the US is however VERY well known.
Puritan..please correct me if you see anything that doesnt make sense(im not a training expert!)....as I've said...this is second-hand....but from an impecable and source who is above reproach.
Finally the courses are well advertised..any quick search on the information super highway...should yield results....merry Xmas one and all!