PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I can't get a new aircrew watch!
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2004, 14:42
the_flying_cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stores stores stores

although we arent quite military !!! our stores complex are just the same.

being a flying rozzer i cant get down to stores cos it grounds the aircraft. on the rare occaision of unscheduled maintenance i go to the stores for some new kit.

told i wont be seen without an appointment, explain why i cant book an appointment and that i have done the 45 mile round trip with other errands to minimise disruption and loss of air support to the force. tough ti**y storeperson replies.

all our equipment is special order so they dont have anything in stock. what seems like 2 years later, special item arrives at stores, delivered through the internal police post naturally everything goes missing (some fool thinking it would be cool to have a flying suit (sad i know). some goon running around salford in 2 of my flying suits and a leather flying jacket. probably walking round on the beat knowing some of them!!£"$£$£

door slider i presume u mean raf coppers gettin all your flying gloves? (i think im entitled to mine)

was funny on one occaision at stores though, chap next in line witnesses store persons being unhelpful and highlighting disruption to patrol officers duties. sends him away after 15 minutes jobsworth speech with a form to complete (along with req. form) to book appointment. next chap in the line....

stores : "you got an appointment mate?"

punter "erm no sorry im new"

stores : "then i cant see you, or supply any equipment.
take this form and ask your boss to sign it"

punter : "i dont have a boss who can sign it. shall i just sign it
myself"

stores "sorry mate. you need a supervisor to sign that for you
otherwise i wont give you a thing. no boss??? where
are you based at?"

punter : "erm headquarters.....im your NEW CHIEF CONSTABLE!"

strangely enough, received full issue of kit within minutes, although they would only let him have one hat when he asked for two. apparently on the job spec form its says one hat. !!!

you got to love the storeman!!!

merry christmas all, and if ur flying.....be safe.

TFC