PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly or Air Atlanta Europe
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2004, 12:04
THOMPSONFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nil further,

I said "orange was in trouble". Did I say it was financially in trouble? No! You can throw as many facts and figures around the place but I still do not believe they are making those types of profit- who cares anyway? It's not a career airline. It's a good start and end to a career.

Ezy is merely a training organisation at present! They cannot find enough qualified pilots at present compared to the amount needed. Better airlines are recruiting and people with any sense who actually want a life, leave. In one month, I was the 19th first officer to resign - from LGW alone!!!! I think the management held emergency meeting as they were scared.

With regards to ex-BY pilots at Ezy, I knew and flew with a lot of them. When I was offered a place within BY, I asked for their advice. They all said " If you have got any sense, you'll go". All of them said that they wished they had never resigned from BY as it was and still is one of the best companies to work for. The one pilot that left BY for EZY probably did so as he wanted his command. I bet he is now kicking himself as time to command at Britannia has reduced from 17 years to 6yrs as NO ONE ever leaves.

Nil further, when you get hacked off with being an orange, you know where to go!!!I sustained it for 2.5 yrs.