PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with 250-300 hrs.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2004, 13:45
aces low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know if this answesr your question, but my own experience has been that I have a CPL/IR with MCC and over 1200 hours gained as an unrestricted (IRI) instructor. I have applied to all the airlines over the last two years...on a monthly basis to the turboprop guys and less frequently to the jet users.

I have yet to get a job ...but despite thinking about giving up, have yet to do so. I hear rumours of an upturn, but with over a 1000 chaps out there with CPL/IRs there are still going to be a lot of disappointed faces around this time next year. I just hope I am not one of them. Sooner or later I will have to put this career on the back burner as one cannot afford to live on a FI wage ( and associated debt, especially when there is a family to support). Plus I am already 43 (the oldest swinger in town perhaps).

Rationally, I should retire gracefully to another profession and scrabble like mad to build up some kind of income and pension asap. However, I'll keep on going until something happens. You never know what Santa has in his sack.