PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay S/O 3000hr TT minimums... Any exceptions lately??
Old 23rd Dec 2004, 09:06
Macchi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cathay S/O 3000hr TT minimums... Any exceptions lately??

I had previously seen a post stating the "unofficial" minimum of 3000 hours total for S/O, and until recently thought it was exactly that... unofficial!! Unfortunately, I have received official word from Cathay that my application will not be processed until I obtain 3000hrs (i.e. it's on file until such time). When I asked why the discrepancy between the website minimums (1000TT) and the 3000hr limit, I was told the 1000hrs was a minimum to go on file, whilst 3000 is minimum for hiring. Although this was not obtained in writing, it was from a recuiter hence it sounded awfully official to me. Bummer.

Does this confirm the widespread rumour that Cathay are on a "go slow" of sorts for S/O recruiting, or have any recent applicants progressed through selection with less than 3000TT ? For the record I don't miss out on the total by much, but at my current flying rate it'll be a couple of years before I reach it. Just trying to ascertain whether I'm unlucky, sh!thouse or both. Any info guys??