PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL study time
Thread: ATPL study time
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2004, 06:47
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made notes for both modules, however, when it came to Mod 2, I did introduce some changes.

I did not make any notes for Operational Procedures from the moment I started. I read the notes, and did the progress tests from memory. I decided that for the items you need to commit to memory, I would do that in the days leading up to the exam.

I did start note taking on Air Law, but stopped a few chapters in. The notes are written in such a way that writing summary notes is almost impossible. You pass this exam simply by learning the questions and answers.

For the other four subjects, I did make notes. AGK was a nightmare, as it took me the longest to complete, but if I had my time again, I don't think I would. My advice is to read the notes and look in other sources for knowledge. Perhaps reading Mike Burtons books on the subject, since Mike is the one who teaches it at Cheddar.

I, like others, never looked at the notes again once I'd written them, but somehow it made me concentrate, and felt the right thing to do. I guess it must be some psychological thing left over from my O and A levels.