PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL study time
Thread: ATPL study time
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2004, 00:51
tu154

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comment from High Wing Drifter

* This might be controversial. I did not make any notes as such except for a Forumula Dictionary that I made several copies of for easy reference whereever I might be. I found that creating notes was a labourious and slow process that added nothing to the clarity of the original notes. Just reading and remembering worked for me.
I have been toying with this idea. I'm about 1/3 through the module two reading and while 'laborious' note taking does work for me, I do wonder if there's a better way. I do know everyone has their own way of approaching study and not everything works for everyone. In particular I've been trawling through the Air Law stuff, rewiting it in english, and summarising the points. But there's a huge mass of material and I'm constantly unsure of how much I'm retaining. The thought has occurred to me that a good read, summarise some main points, move on, progress test, then revise later might be as good in terms of retention without the writing. Might help with the RSI too.

Would be interested in hearing some pore thoughts on this point.

To answer the original question. Momentum is key.