PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The bits wot you have to take with you
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2004, 22:18
HOCHWALDSPRUDEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi m8!

I bought a RICOH CAPLIO GX a few weeks before. There might be better....and there are better (CANON POWERSHOT G6 e.g.) but this was quiet a good price (270€). And it does a good job, although the picture quality with its 5Mpixel is not overwhelming, but fine.
An advantage is that its wide angle already starts at 28mm, which is not so common with Digital Cams. But therefore the zoom ends at 85mm. On the other hand it has the fastest shutter release in the world, which allows you quick upskirt pics of your female flight attendants!!!!!!.....hehe...I am drifting away a little bit....and it's very compact, meaning that it can be carried very good in your flight kit. But the most advantage is, that it can be set fully manual, because the automatic gives up very fast under more demanding operations....you know what I mean...hehe....and it looks very good...black coloured.
You can buy teles, converter/adapter and an external flash. I bought an 512MB SD flash card....because it is dilivered with a 16MB internal only.....I bought an extra fast...so in the highest jpg resolution mode you can safe 240 pics on it. You can also safe the pics as uncompressed tifs...which is a real advantage, if you want to print the pics in extra big size....
Well...that's it so far.....unfortunately I couldn't test it yet in the aircraft, because I am kinda grounded at the moment.....hopefully again in the air in the new year! Wish me luck!
If you have yet any questions.....just ask!
Greets
oliver