PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Pay for New Joiners...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2004, 19:03
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Grass strip you make some very accurate..and well thought out points...however..you've missed the point. This thread has nothing to do with the quality of wannabe or their ability to get deep into debt....and although your comments are generally accurate(in terms of those with the cash to do it)...I wonder what your level of exposure to the industry actually is..(not a dig at you..just a polite enquiry) The present problem has arisen out of clever marketing, unrealistic expectations, and personal greed. It is overly simplistic to say abritrary standards need to be raised to prevent the "chaff" from entering this profession. As it stands there are plenty of those that are in love with the thought of that shiney braid on their shoulders...the smell of Jet A1...and would be happy to sell their left nut if they thought it would get them a job. I suggest you get off the soap box for a moment and examine the situation pragmatically...then and only then will you see its not a problem with standards..its an issue of those in a postion to exploit...exploiting those who believe they can get there at any cost.

OBK....I dont usually get peeved off but...you Bl@%dy fool....Ryanair will take your money..then take a bit more..then change the rules so they can take the rest....its not an opportunity..its folly..pure and simple. Before you howl at me...I dont fly jets..I fly turbo-props..(happily..contentedly...and someday I'll get a jet job)..having dropped meat bombs...towed gliders...positioned a/c for maintenance..swept floors..worked in pubs...driven a mini-bus. And yes if you think you should jump straight into the RH seat of a shiney new boeing..go for it...I know I'm £30-40 better off already

Scroggs sorry for the harsh words.......I just wish these muppets would open their eyes!