PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Question - How would you save money
Old 22nd Dec 2004, 18:35
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ok my 10p's worth.....

1. Offer to institute a sweeping change of management policy...firstly remove all middle management concerned with policy.

2. Pay aircrew with magic beans....(or has that been tried before?)...failing that..get the new aircrew to pay you for their jobs....(there's got be something in this!)

3. Offer a comprehensive low cost/low risk pre-screening of potential pilot candidates....then eliminate those that dont reach the required standard..i.e. those that cant afford the cost of a type-rating.

4. Remove window shades.

5. Use gunfire to "incentivise" passengers to disemark more quickly..conversly cattle prodders to embark the punters, cost savings in the form of shorter turnarounds-higher utilization.

6. Charge those who call the "customer care" centre...say at £2.00 per minute..or part minute thereof..subject to the usual terms and conditions..i.e. you pay...we collect.

7. Promise the fuel company.."the cheque is in the post".........

8. Fly to obscure locations...

9. Employee cheap labour for cabin crew.....i.e. those that dont speak english.....that well.

10. Promise the world....deliver a crammed seat pitch....unclean a/c......slippery external stairs....and check-in staff..fresh out of prison.

There we are 10 cost saving ideas to warm the cockles of any shareholders heart!.......customer service? pish..who needs customers???