PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly or Air Atlanta Europe
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2004, 11:45
THOMPSONFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Go for Thompsonfly! It is a low cost airline but has exactly the same T&C's as the mainline. You get good time off and rostering is great. Compared with my last airline, practises put in place over the years are a breath of fresh air. Unlike any other airline. I myself think the contract is a good one. How many airlines offer you a final salary pension scheme? The good thing about Thompsonfly/Britannia is that the company is very cautious, unlike the orange one that are apparently in trouble due to over expansion.
Leave is great. The try to discourage you from being off on weekends by offering an extra two days free if you start your leave mid week. Yu also get gold pairs and silver pairs. They are two days off and you can get five pairs of each. The gold pairs can be booked a year in advance and the silver pairs 12 weeks before the date(if available).
After a certain period, you can transfer over to mainline, although they are soon going to trial dual rating pilots on the 737/757 and 737/767.
I always think that the sign of a good airline is an airline where pilots never leave. No one leaves Britannia or should I say Thompsonfly.
In my view, I would sign it.Hope the above has helped.