PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astreus - Any Good
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2004, 05:41
A-3TWENTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Hum.....Astraeus????Tell you a story....

I`ve done an A-320 type rating and I can tell you that the course was good because it`s all done at British Airways headquarters(Grond school) and simulators(with instructors from Iasco)(you can contact them directly and get better prices).

But......everything which depends from Astraeus is a ****.
We did all the course without manuals(but hearing promises everyday) and we just receive them because we pressed hard and we had to get annoy to receive them on the last day(just part of the manuals.From a total of 4 manuals I received 2 .The other two I had to make copies from friends who did their T/R`s in other schools)

As a foreigner I had to spend a lot of money making intl calls to speak with people who didn`t want to answer the phone because they couldn`t solve the problem .

During the last day I went to the Astraeus Mass (which they call headquarters) and maybe because I pressed so hard they made me to wait longer putting at risk my flight back home.

One more trick.....for those who want to get the AIRBUS T/R , YOU DON`T NEED TO DO EVERYTHING ON THE SAME PLACE. The base flight can be done separetely.There`s a corporate 319 CJ based in Lutton which is used to make Local/base flights at much better prices.

What I can tell you is that sometimes is better to pay a litte bit more than doing your T/R with Astraeus...

Definetly Astraeus doesn`t contribute to England beeing the Country it is...

Cheers...

Last edited by A-3TWENTY; 22nd Dec 2004 at 05:52.