PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Question - How would you save money
Old 21st Dec 2004, 05:40
Devils Advocate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

How about – “Make me the MD so that I can.... :
  • Pay the front-line staff as little as possible whilst eroding their T&C's as much as possible.
  • Ensure that staff pay is never ever raised in line with inflation.
  • Work the aircrew & engineers to the absolute max of the relevant FTL scheme, i.e. treat the FTL as a target, not a guideline.
  • Install a regime that expects the office staff to always do at least 50% extra, though I definitely would not pay them for it - but I would constantly remind them how lucky they are to even have a job with the company and what a great place it is to work; I can do this through staff surveys and the like ( though I’ll fudge the answers if I don’t like their responses, ‘divide and rule’ and all that ).
  • For no other reason than 'pour encourager les autres', occasionally dish out a few sackings.
  • Find ways to get the staff to pay for anything & everything they need to do their job from out of their own pocket.
  • Outsource everything with competitive tenders coupled to outrageously punitive service levels agreements.
  • Incentivise my key executives to keep dishing out daily beatings & recitations upon morale, e.g. maybe through use of those timeless corporate mantras such as.... "Sorry, you’ve mistaken me for somebody who gives sh1t about what you think or feel”, and "If you don’t like it then yee can **** off !“, and "Back to work you scurvy swabs !”, and "Beatings will continue until morale improves !”.
So, have I got the job ?!”