PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 19:30
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

May I pick up on the question raised by Mr Purdey regarding would the campaign accept the findings of an independent judge?

I recall at the start of the House of Lords Select Committee sessions, the very same question being asked. Lord Chalfont the then Chair of the Mull of Kintyre Group replied that the campaign would, indeed, accept the fondings of such an eminent body and challenged the MoD to say the same. There was no reply.

With regard an independent judge, I would have to say that my involvement is down to the wishes of both fathers. If the finding is one of support for negligence and they wish to continue, I will be proud to stand with them. If it supports the view of the Campaign (and many others), I hope that the MoD will review the verdict and remove it from the record. We shall have to wait and see.

One must wonder why, if the Conservatives can say that they will request such a review, Mr Hoon cannot do so now.

Mr Purdey, it would be a shame if you were to leave the debate and I would ask that you reconsider. Your views are always courteous and serve to keep us checking and rechecking our facts prior to posting.

To all who contribute and to our many supporters, may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook