PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lion air
Thread: lion air
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 17:29
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mentalmicky,
Have a browse on the discussion on Lion Air within the last 30 days (ie. from 20Nov onwards)... and I'll ask you the same question as interconti...

You wanna kill yourself flying for Lying-Is-Our-Nature Air?

does anyone know if Lion air accepts ( or have accepted in the past) non type rated FO? Has anyone had any luck going down this road???

1. Yes
2. 7 year bond for the TR I heard...
3. Captaincy + ATPL another 5 yrs...

A lot were offered USD5000 - 15000 transfer fees with TR, 7 yr bond, US$1000 - 1500 basic, negotiate your flight pay + guaranteed captaincy after you reach 5000hrs jet time, BUT, that means, when you join in, they own your soul for 12 years. However, expect 90hr months logged in (but I hear you fly 120hr a month with "incentive bonus" for >90hr, which some call it as "kickback" money... accept that money and you'll have no chance of backing out or blow the whistle!).

Divert due to weather and expect the management to be on your back! Expect delays due to "extra pax"... don't be surprised to walk in the cabin and find kids (not infants) on their parents' laps...

Don't expect to leave easily before your bond is due...

Oh, and this is for locals, but the offer is open to foreigners who want to sort out their own work permits (which can eat up all your salary!)...

But Heyyy, what do I know? I'm not in Lion so maybe all of this is just a lie...

Anyways, a safer way into trying out Lion is... get your own TR... then you can go on expat pay, and get the work permit sorted, and contract will be on 6 months to 2 years... and you can terminate it if you want...

Not a hard choice assuming what I say is true

PK-KAR