PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 16:15
piton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat 0A - I also live and work at -11ft and would really like to know which operator has 50% women retiring early. Or do you just have 3 or 4 women in which case it's hardly a statistically significant number. In my mind it could point at something in your general company atmosphere that makes them want to stop and get out at soon as they can!

We have - as I mentioned earlier - about 25-30 women (out of 350) and the first one is retiring in a year or so at normal retirement age. Only 2 or possibly 3 have had kids in the 15 years I've been here and I don't think any colleagues can complain about sickness rates. One female colleague retired in the last 5 years with a medical problem after extended medical but that's it - and then again we have several guys on medical leave at any given time so that's all just normal ops.....

Like I said maybe it's something in the way your particular company operates - I'd be very interested to see your answers on total number of pilots and of female pilots.