PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Daily Hijack Joke Story, This Time SYD-KUL-VIE
Old 20th Dec 2004, 14:14
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I fully appreciate your sentiment, what you guys are effectively calling for are laws to ban poor, even stupid, attempts at humour. That is generally known as Thought Policing and if that's what you're after, please let me know prior to you succeeding so that I can make my escape off this planet.

I once, in an immensely embarrasing moment, had a total brain meltdown and blurted out a stupid comment to a security person. That resulted in a very, very, stern telling off by an armed member of the Police department, a collegue of his standing a few yards off with H&K at ready. While it was hardly a brown trousers moment, it was not something I shall ever forget, or even attempt to redo. No matter how silly, or outright stupidly, security may seem to my eyes I won't ever make the mistake of giving them a piece of my mind again. Lesson learned? You bloody betcha!

Maybe it doesn't work for all people, but that little interview with Mr. Plod certainly made me see the light and is, I dare to suggest, a whole lot cheaper than bringing the full machinery of Law and Order into force.