PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Axed routes?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 13:33
pinhammond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jabird, brabazon, beancounter, interesting posts, thanks. It is nice to see real meat on PPrune. Actually I am not anti-RYR. They have made some huge achievements. Their dominanation of the Irish Sea routes is perhaps the best but they have combined that with a very high level of reliability. Largely through their low fares but combined with the routes they serve on which there was no previous service they have generated comletely new traffic. My concern is that there is a limit to going on putting big aircraft like the 738 into small markets. Sooner or later they are going to have to go into more big airports. I can think of numerous routes where they could find rich picking grounds. LON-MAD is very vulnerable to competition just now as BA and IB try to grapple with their absurd pooling of services. AGP would be an easy market for RYR from STN, DUB, ORK, Hahn, Lubeck, Torp and Stockholm. ATH is crying out for more services. SKG desperately needs low fares. If they really want to be the biggest airline in Europe (in intra-European passenger carryings)they have got to go head to head with the big airlines on aorport pair routes. It will happen, the only issue is when?