PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Multi IR Course - Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 08:16
thereceiver2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Multi IR Course - Questions

Just about to embark on the ME IR after christmas and have elected a local flying school which offers the Seneca III as the MEP aeroplane.

The course they suggest in the literature is

10 hours FNPT
10 hours PA28-R
15 hours FNPT
15 hours PA34

total price including landings and approaches at HOME field of about 12,000.

After signing up to the course and paying deposit, I have been speaking to the school and they are trying to pursuade me to, take more seneca time as

"a sigificant number of IR aplicants have little MEP time and virtually all require significantly more time in the aeroplane, we suggest you use the PA34 wholly"

now i sort of expected this as the difference is 110 per hour.

I have been looking at all schools AGAIN an all have a similar hours v sim setup. I know of three people completing the ME-IR in this way with no probs.

I recently did the MEP and passed the skills test first time and found flying the seminole relatively straight forward. I know the seneca is different, faster, heavier and more complicated but once again i am getting the PRE-ME-IR dropping bricks again.

re-assurance is needed.

should i stick with the original concept or should i heed their advice and scrap the arrow infavour of the seneca, pay out more money in the hope of getting a better chance at the test, or go with the flow ??

difficult to answer as i know everyone is different but some advice based on experience here would be great

Thanks in advanc and merry christmas