PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPODs
Thread: iPODs
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 07:19
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told that you can only use an ipod with one computer,
Sort of, as with everything in life its a bit more complex.

In an attempt to stop music piracy Apple set up the iPod so that when you plug it in to a computer it synchronises the iPod with what is on THAT computer. So if there are tracks on the iPod that are not in the computer they will be deleted. However.
The iPod is so popular there is a large userbase of very clever people who have written little software tricks to allow you to do just about anything with it. So with a little knowledge easily obtained from the internet you can transfer songs back and forwards to your hearts content.

Good website for this sort of stuff

www.ipodlounge.com

I'd love an iPod to be able to use the i-trip, but disappointed that there is no Fm radio built in, or am I wrong, please say Im wrong, please..
Your not wrong. There was one under development along the same lines as the iTrip (ie a plug on) however it was stopped when the 4G iPOD was released (not compatible? perhaps, they aint saying) the manufacturer (think it was griffin) refuse to comment on whether one is back in development but its got to be a must have add on so surely one will be along soon.