PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 17:12
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Aero Club

Ladies/Gentleman

Bigstu.

Thank you for those kind words of support.

Yes, it has been a difficult time recently, negotiating with the correct people, long phone calls overseas, long dialogue with RMT etc but for doing this I ask for no thanks.
Yes, I do feel I should do what I can to save the club and believe me - I will squash any of the slugs on the way that hindered my work whilst serving on the committee. Constructive criticism I can accept but not the innuendo and utter piffle that was thrown in my direction. A PPRUNER once said to me that he didn't think I was doing a good job on the committee, so after taking stock I resigned for other reasons but that was a contributary factor. Since then this particular person has been extremely straight and frank with me about how things were badly run and I have only 100% respect for him. I told him what I have told all of you - others outside still tried to run our club.

While serving we were constantly hindered by an ex chairman who simply thought he had a god given right to still run a club in which his actions played a major part in it's demise, he simply would not let go and even to this day he skulks around perveying his self centred arrogance to those who care to listen.
If this man is questioned by any authority over his actions and the truth be known then I will feel very happy indeed.

I strongly believe that justice will be done and all the individuals who thought they were untouchable will sink with the flotsam and jetsam that surround them.

I sincerely hope that Elia Golfin's proposal gets the nod, it will annoy others if it does but only true, loyal and honest members would wish him success.

Thanks

MRG