PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford sharp practice ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 17:06
Divet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not any integrated student gets put forward. This would be a stupid move for any integrated FTO. We all know that they like to make money don't we. The quality and the success of the integtrated student is what makes them money.

If they are not up to scratch and they get reccommended, so X airline takes them on, then they might fail a type rating, then they cost that airline a load of money. Multiply this a load of times and we begin to see the picture. So next time Oxford or whoever say to X airline, ooh yes we've got 14 students here who we can reccommend, honest, then this airline is gonna say ,"oh yeh? no thanks, not after the last guy you gave me cost us £20,000"

So then they don't trust Oxford in providing them with LOWEST RISK cadets who are as near as damn it guaranteed to get through a type rating course. So Oxford lose relations with airlines, this gets around pretty quick and then they suddenly find that not as many people are wanting to train there, they lose their reputation, they lose a lot of money, and probably eventually would go bust.

As for none of the modular course people getting reccommended, I do not know but I agree with flystudent . That was not part of their deal. This is where the extra money goes, which perhaps the modular people didn't believe went anywhere, which is maybe one of the reasons they chose modular, and so have no reason to complain (not that any are complaining) if they dont get put forward. Tough sh:t really.