PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford sharp practice ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 15:47
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A & C

I think that not any integrated graduate gets thrown at any position. Many airlines stipulate selection criteria which need to met in order to be recommended to airlines to undergo the airlines selection process.

As for Modular guys - I have met some mods who without a doubt are better than some integrated students.

As far as standards & motivation slipping -I find this interesting (genuinely) Do you feel this could perhaps be a reflection of the change of the industry today e.g. harder to find work, paid less- some in debt up to their eyeballs through funding type ratings now also etc i.e. the dream they set out after has not perhaps been the yellow brick road they once believed in ?

On a side issue are you aware that the latest Oxford course now offers a "First Officer Fundamentals" 2 week component of which one week is pure CRM taught by serving airline CRM trainers, this is coupled with twice as much time in the 737 sim on the MCC/JOT.

Maybe these steps are an attempt by Oxford to bridge what you and perhaps others have observed and fed back to the FTO ?

From my previous posts you will see I don't wave the Oxford flag everywhere or defend every negative post.

Regards

FS