PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford sharp practice ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 13:10
EGBKFLYER
Gizajob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More please...

Good - now we're getting somewhere (even if my CRM skills are being called into question!).

Forgive my impertinence A & C, but I'm still struggling to see the aim of your original post. Was it to warn modular Oxford candidates they might not be first priority (the three mod students I know are well aware of this from their own experiences)? Was it to share some particular experience you've had (I would certainly be vey interested to hear but I'd appreciate more detail on what you've said so far)? Was it to elicit a response from someone in recruitment and/ or Oxford to explain how the industry has got to this point? I'd love to see that one in particular.

The point of my original reply was to probe what came over as a general statement on a subject done many times before. I apologise if I offended you with my tone - was just keen to see a well-reasoned and evidenced argument on a key issue. It's not even confined to Oxford: I know of one UK airline that has cut back on integrated student recruitment generally for 2005 after getting fingers burnt dealing with new-starts of questionable skill this year.