PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suckling Airways/Scot Airways
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 21:37
Meeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

In their largest phase, they had a bunch of 328's doing EDI-LCY head to head with flybe. At one stage it was 8 (I think) rotations a day, mostly empty. There was a deal done - worth millions - that involved flybe coming off the route, but still booking pax through their system for ScotAirways. Good deal for flybe (apart from the crews, who ended up spending their lives in hotels). As the 146 was running with high loads, the deal assured a future for ScotAirways. Pax weren't very happy though
Thats entertaining! I hope that was your objective because its as near the truth as I am from the moon...! Gave me a real good belly laugh though, after a day like today I needed it... so cheers for that!

I believe they posted a loss of £650,000 this July
Where the hell did that come from...? Profit figures maybe... Scotties yields are quite amazing... and something the likes of flybe can only dream about...

It used to be good fun, departing after them in the 146 and then passing them about Pole Hill.
Then us having to slow down once we caught you up at LAM...

They are really only still in business because Brian Souter poured (and still pours) millions into the company
I believe its been at least 2 years since he 'poured' money in! But hey... never let the facts get in the way of a good story... eh...?

This thread is shaping up to be bonzer fun...