PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford sharp practice ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 19:25
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford sharp practice ?

It has come to my notice that Oxford are only pushing ex-integrated students forward for airline jobs and students from the modular courses are not getting recomendations for jobs.

I could understand this if the modular guys don't make the grade but it would seem that if you do the modular course and pass first time this is not good enough for a recomendation to an airline but fail a few exams on the the integrated course and you still get the recomendation to an airline.

I have no axe to grind on this subject apart from wanting to see the best people get recomendations for jobs and this should not be based on the size of the fee paid to the training establishment.

I would be more than happy to eat my words on this subject if I an proved wrong but I have to call this one as I see it and warn the recrutment people in the airlines that the product that they are being offered by Oxford (and a number of others) may not be based of skill or abillity but on the size of the students cheque book.