PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good News For Southampton Apt?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 18:22
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the Brits,how long of a flight is LHR to Southhampton? I drove it about 3 months ago and I think it took about three hours. Is that fast ,slow, or about average?

Also I ended up in a small suburb of Southhampton and I can't remember the name. It was close to where the docks are. This town had a small fishing pier or walking pier and was at the end of a small winding street that was fairly steep. There were no large motels/hotels in it and part of the main street was blocked off for pedestrians. A mile or so west there was a Best Western with construction going on in its backyard. I did not see it until I had checked in the 20 room B and B run by a Scottish or Irish woman.

They only had one serious English pub it appeared to be a "do it yourself" and no one left the bar. It was all guys and had a restaurant upstars. Not exactly like one dreams about in a LHR pub filled with georgeous women!

Anyway, does anybody know the small city?I'm guessing it was within 10 miles of Southhampton and I continued westward. I eventually got to Land's End that I had always wanted to see since I had flown over it

I also was impressed because there was not a lot to see in the inland part of England. I would guess that this was the least travelled and lest populated part of England. It was a very windy and cold day at Land's End. It was worth the trip to know I reached the End.