PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 12:03
alouette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EADS

It is a funny notion perhaps but I think the rift between Enstrom and EADS is based on the fact that France in particular did not partake in this Iraq thingy. And lets face it Eurocopter constantly presents new techology to customers. As for the flying characteristics; I have flown the 480 on a few occasions and I might be wrong but I guess the EC 120 has a slightly bigger cabin though unfortunately can't say much about the EC 120.

This might not contribute to your question but it is perhaps a thought worth thinking of...

What I still cannot understand is the fact that the major helicopter manufacturers in North America seem to be sleeping at this stage in regards to competition. Because Bell Helicopter builds supreme aircraft as well as Sikorsky and MD Helicopters, and each and everyone of them is toppled by EADS. They must have a more agressive marketing strategy. And the U.S. government goes out there and contracts a foreign manufacturer for the supply of aircraft. Where is the spirit gone "Buy American"? Is this tactic simply to put even with Europe to create a less hostile attitude? But when I look around everyone flies Squirrels, the EC 135/145, etc... EADS obviously found a better way to present its products and access customers.