PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 11:10
pjohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have been with Gulf for a long time and it makes me sad to see how the company has gone downhill so quickly in the last couple of years.

Previously I've mentioned on this forum that "everybody's got to eat" and if you're in that situation then make up your own mind. Right now, for your own health (due to all the engineers leaving), I'd suggest you stay away from the place under all circumstances.

Shell, Total and Conaco are so concerned with the company's problems (read exodus of experienced people), they are going around the GM to the Chairman of the Board (who just happens to be the President of Opec at the moment). Shell is threatening to bring in and operate their own a/c. Conaco is so worried they have a full time auditor at Gulf everday to monitor the engineering on their a/c and to check the experienced levels of pilots assigned to their a/c. This on site presence has given them greater insite into how the place is falling apart with the result that the head Conaco auditor arrives in town today. Should be interesting!

I hope this helps.

Cheers and have a Merry Xmas.