PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 23:39
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For heavens' sake - how many of you are capable of reading? Not many of those who have replied so far.

How many times have I said above that pilots don't ignore instructions deliberately or "on a whim"? How many times have I said "We're all on the same team"? How can you tell when a pilot is not listening? Because he doesn't respond? There are many other reasons for that other than "not listening".

j17 it really is a bit rich of you to accuse me of arrogance, then go on to say "Therefore,when you are requested to do something by ATC just do it".

No. Shan't. At least, not necessarily. There may be very good reasons for not following ATC requests or instructions that you know nothing about. If we cannot accept instructions, it is obviously necessary that we tell you why. But do not expect us to follow your orders willy-nilly when it is OUR lives at stake, not yours.

j17, your attitude smacks of the hugest arrogance out. Your assumption appears to be that we are there to do your bidding; if something gets missed then the pilot was being lazy or "not listening". Your attitude stinks. Go and modify your attitude, because if you act like that when in front of the screen, you are DANGEROUS.

As I have said many times, we are all on the same team. We make mistakes. You make mistakes. It's human nature. We try not to repeat ours. You do the same. We don't always succeed. Get used to it. And grow up.