PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 07:00
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hug Monster;

Nice way to work with others. Sounds rather professional too about "get used to it."

I hate to say it, but if you hold us at a rather low priority, then you don't care much for your life. Do we both have jobs to do? Yup, sure do. Part of your job is to fly your aircraft. Part of that flying is to listen and "comply" with ATC instructions. The life you save could be your own.

We in the US have been having a very hard time the last couple of years with poor R/T from the pilot side. Wish that I had the reason as to why. But we see pilots NOT listening to the radio and then no using readbacks nor even call signs. This leads to incidents and more workload on both of our parts. I say both because if I don't get a read back, a call sign OR have to call you more than one time then I am going to have to do it again, and now your sequence may not have been what it was. Not stated as any sort of threat either. It just means that in 20 to 30 seconds the traffic picture changes and now what would work, doesn't anymore.

Before you go on, I have been on MANY jumpseats, I also help with the folks who teach jet drivers and also have some of my own jet time. You see, I too have a license to do what you do... It isn't that hard. For more complex and faster aircraft there are two or sometimes three folks up there. There are also systems that help you manage the aircraft. We normally have one or two of us downstairs and no systems to help us manage things. You also go by the procedure of pilot flying and pilot not flying. The person on the radio is the pilot NOT flying at most airlines and corporate shops. So please, when someone trys to point out a problem that we have take it as a professional and see if it applies to your flight deck. If not, wonderful... If it does, take it and learn from it...

regards