PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA and plausible deniability
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 10:37
el dorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And when that is done someone could explain why the French DGAC refuses to recognize a JAA licence issued in the UK for what it is i.e. a EUROPEAN licence that doesn't need validating in France to fly a BN-2 Islander. The obvious answer is that they're French but that's not really the answer, is it?

I have found the staff at the UK CAA to be quite helpful under the circumstances. It's long been known that there are far too many RAF types walking around with the attitude that "only the right sort should fly". The airforce is not the only source of capable aviators in the world. Free-market cost-cutting tactics don't always work in areas that require experience and understanding of a large amount of rules and regs. which you can't pour into a part-time worker's head in the three weeks that the temping agency is willing to provide him/her. In the end it will go back to the beginning, mistakes will have been made, we're very sorry etc.. Why do it in the first place?

For the sake of everybody's sanity could those that have the influence to stop silliness happening please get their s... together.

Merry Christmas
Hello Alex. Still thinking about the advice you gave me re. teaching etc.. Will contact you again.